September 08, 2009

NaOH

I SMELL LIKE SULPHUR,
AND MY HANDS SMELL LIKE SODIUM HYDROXIDE =p
Lol.Today our class did experiment in chemistry lab.
We were taught to make 2 mol of sodium hydroxide solution.
So,as usual,yieng shing and I started to do the experiment..
for ur information,sodium hydroxide is very corrosive as it
is a strong alkali..
we had our experiment peacefully at first..
when suddenly shing splited the sodium hydroxide out..
our fingers and hands all 'kena' by the CONCENTRATED solution..
at first,we were like normal..when suddenly..
I started to shout and crying in pain..shing reacted the same after me..
we started to wash our hands with water and try to remove da STUPID solution..
The solution cut my finger too..and I keep 'show off' my injuries to my classmates =P
Vv and jilyne cannot stand me anymore as I keep repeating what had happened LOL.
So people,pls do take care when u're doing this experiment..
especially with sodium hyroxide =)

No comments: